Do you have what it takes to be a Travel Blogger of the Year 2020?
Read our simple Submission Guidelines and submit your story using the form below.
To ensure that your entry is accepted and to give your story the best chance of success, please follow these guidelines. Entries that do not follow our guidelines may not be considered.
Your story must be:
- 800 words or fewer.
- Entirely your own personal work. Your story must not break any copyright laws. It can include quotes or other references if credit is clearly acknowledged.
- Original and (ideally) unpublished. We will accept work that has already been published online, but you must clearly acknowledge where the piece was originally published (including on your own blog) and have written permission to republish if required.
- Accessible to any reader, regardless of geographical location, age or background. Please avoid jargon and spell out any acronyms used.
We recommend that you:
- Write naturally and from the heart. Use your own voice and write from your own point of view.
- Focus on the message(s) you wish to convey and leave out any unnecessary words.
- Focus on the place and experience, using emotive, descriptive language.
- Make your writing easy to scan by using short sentences and short paragraphs (2-3 sentences max).
- Be original. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind, be creative and even be a little controversial!
- Have a great title. Keep it simple, grab attention, make it descriptive and don’t be afraid to be creative!
Submit Your Story
*You will have limited time to edit your story once you submit, so please ensure that you have fully read our Submission Guidelines and are 100% happy with your final story before you click Enter.
You can also email your story to us, with photos and full author details (see below) at email@example.com and we’ll upload it for you.