At Terra Incognita we’ve identified the Top Responsible Costa Rica Eco Tours 2019. This brand-new list features 40 tours across the country committed to conservation, communities and education.
How can visitors to Costa Rica ensure that their experiences benefit the country’s wildlife, communities and cultural heritage? And how can they discover Costa Rica’s hidden gems – small, up-and-coming tours that haven’t yet been picked up by international tourism radar?
To help travellers make more informed choices Terra Incognita curated the Top Responsible Costa Rica Eco Tours 2019, a community-generated list that spotlights 40 unique tours seeking to conserve the environment, support local people and educate guests and hosts.
The list includes a transparent explanation of how all tours contribute to conservation, local communities and education and is open to reviews from guests who’ve participated in the tours.
Experiences highlighted range from kayaking in bioluminescent waters off Costa Rica’s Nicoya Peninsula, to observing dolphins on the Osa Peninsula, to exploring Costa Rica’s Corcovado National Park in search of the Critically Endangered tapir, sloths, monkeys, crocodiles, caimans and more.
With 40 tours across the country you can find a once-in-a-lifetime ethical experience that suits your interests, budget and adventure level.
Read on and join a movement to create positive change for people and planet through travel.
Featured Top Responsible Costa Rica Eco Tours 2019
We invite you to join us at Casagua Horses, located at Finca Casagua, our beautiful, fifty acre, family-owned horse ranch, just minutes from Costa Rica’s famous Pacific Gold Coast beaches. Whether you stay at the ranch or the beach, you will experience a taste of Guanacaste’s traditional horse culture, learn about Natural Horsemanship, and enjoy riding our comfortable Spanish criollo horses. After you ride, relax in a hammock, take a dip in the splash pool, or take advantage of the many adventure activities offered in the area. In addition to your custom riding package, enjoy an unforgettable Costa Rican vacation.
Casagua Horses | Tropical Riding Adventure – Ranches, Mountains & Beaches
Experience Costa Rica’s ranches, beaches and mountain volcanoes on horseback from 7-10+ nights. Let us design a riding package for your level and interests. See more here.
Find & Follow
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.paintedponyguestranch.com
- Facebook – Painted Pony Guest Ranch – Costa Rica
A family run business and the longest running boat tour company in the area. We have over 10 years’ experience offering educational tours to visitors.
Costa Rica | Changing Tide Tours | Classic Dolphins & Snorkeling
Find & Follow
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – www.changingtidetours.com
- Facebook – facebook.com/changingtide
- Twitter –twitter.com/golfodulcetours
The Sea Turtle Conservancy, formerly known as the Caribbean Conservation Corporation, is the world’s oldest sea turtle research and conservation group. An international nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization, Sea Turtle Conservancy was founded in 1959 by world-renowned sea turtle expert Dr. Archie Carr to save sea turtles from eminent extinction through rigorous science-based conservation. Headquartered in Florida, the organization carries out worldwide programs to conserve and recover sea turtle populations through research, education, advocacy and protection of the natural habitats upon which depend upon.
Sea Turtle Conservancy | Sea Turtle Eco-Volunteer Programs
You will be assisting researchers with scientific field work at a remote field station, and when not working you will have unsupervised free time to relax and enjoy the nature surrounding you. Eco-Volunteer Participants will assist with:
- Nightly beach patrols – Work as part of a nesting survey team to help tag and record data about the nesting turtles. This includes measuring turtles, counting eggs, and marking nests. The presence of tagging teams on the beach also acts as a strong deterrent to poachers and egg collectors.
- Morning nest surveys – Walk the beach in the morning to check the status of nests marked during previous night patrols.
- Nest inventories – Assist with determination of nest survivorship and hatching success through nest inventories.
Eco-Volunteers must be 15 years or older (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult). Sea Turtle Conservancy’s research programs are scientific research projects, not guided tours. Fieldwork in remote locations is a delicate business and prone to last-minute change, flexibility is a must. See more here.
Find & Follow
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website – www.conserveturtles.org
- Facebook – facebook.com/conserveturtles
- Twitter – twitter.com/conserveturtles
- Instagram – instagram.com/conserveturtles
All Responsible Costa Rica Eco Tours Locations
All Top Responsible Costa Rica Eco Tours 2019 | Alphabetical Order