Are you passionate about creating positive change for people and planet through travel? We’re looking for creative, motivated and talented Eco-Bloggers to write for Terra Incognita.
At Terra Incognita we believe that ecotourism can be a powerful force for good in the world. As a social enterprise we seek to promote the best examples of ecotourism worldwide. We do this by collating lists of amazing tour providers who help conserve the environment, support local people and educate guests.
We believe in promoting life-changing experiences rather than tourism ‘products’ and using storytelling to share/communicate these experiences. Our aim is to create a community of passionate people who help create positive change for people and planet through travel.
We were awarded Top 10 Wildlife Travel Blog in 2019 following our first competition, Wildlife Blogger of the Year. In 2020, our Travel Blogger of the Year competition engaged 57,336 people from 178 countries worldwide.
Terra Incognita Eco-Bloggers
We’re looking for talented writers and communicators who share our commitment to promoting ecotourism through informative and engaging articles. If you’re a budding blogger or talented writer we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for writers who can research and produce engaging, informative and relevant content for the Terra Incognita blog. Here are some examples of the type of content we’re looking for:
- Stories of ethical ecotourism experiences – especially authentic, off the beaten track experiences
- Interviews with ecotourism industry experts
- Spotlights on local eco-warriors, giving insight into important issues and inspiring initiatives around the world
- Advice, tips and resources for tourists, ecotourism operators and guides encouraging best practice
- Features on interesting species, ecosystems or communities from an ecotourism perspective
- Advice for eco-bloggers and writers seeking to have a positive impact on people and planet
- New ideas – we’re always open!
- A passion for ecotourism (travel to natural areas that supports conservation, local communities and education)
- Creativity and initiative to research topics
- An ability to communicate in a clear, succinct and engaging way to an international online audience in English
- Open-mindedness and respect for different cultures and perspectives
- The roles are voluntary and home-based (or atop a mountain or aboard a sailboat depending on your current location!)
- Part-time and flexible. You can work around your lifestyle and work as much as you like!
- You’ll be fully credited as the author of your posts, receiving promotion for your work.
- You’ll receive support, guidance and encouragement from the Terra Incognita team, and from other bloggers.
- Initial duration is for three months, but may be extended if both parties agree.
- Please send an email to email@example.com stating in fewer than 200 words why you’d benefit from writing for Terra Incognita.