I know finding a perfect place which suits your interest is based on personal interest and hence cannot be generalized.
If you like a tropical beach stay, chances are that I hate beach baked vacation and hence finding your picture-perfect place is all about a bit of luck or a bit of research.
While I stay in India, the country with 1.3 billion people, chances are still there for you to find a place where only a few souls exist.
In the pursuit to find such quiet little paradise, I stumble upon a place up in Nilgiri called Ketti. If you are aware of the famous hill station of south India “Ooty” then Ketti is located 30-40 Km from Ooty center.
Chances are still high that you might be not knowing about Ketti, even if you know about Ooty or you are based out in South India.
Imagine yourself in the middle of tall & dense pine trees and to add on the charm, in the middle of a Tea estate which itself is a century old.
How about waking up with the sound of chirping birds all around with gentle rays of sun spreading all around the valley?
if this is not enough and you are an avid tea drinker, why not enjoy the fresh aroma of tea, slowly recharging your senses.
Okay, if you are a bit scared about the remoteness of this small paradise, let me tell you that the place is well connected with narrow roads, for sure you need to be a good driver to pass the valley and forest.
While our stay in Ketti was nothing like going back in time, of doing nothing and enjoying the moment, we also went out for lunch and snacks. Did I tell you those small eateries serve you the best local & authentic food?
We stayed at The Clive and Curzon property in Ketti. The hospitality was so nice that we ended up extending our stay for another day especially on the request of 4 years old kid. I would take a moment to talk about the property.
Cecilia the caretaker of the property was excellent and provided amazing local food. The Clive and Curzon have a lovely collection of books to read. Loved the quiet, soothing and the old-world charm recreated in the home. In all, we feel it be our home away from home.
The best of the otherwise quiet place is the whistling of a toy train that passes from Ketti to ferry daily passengers from the plain of Mettupalayam to all the way to Ooty. The toy train is a major tourist attraction of south India and is on the UNESCO heritage list.
If you are the one who loves a bit of adventure, then Ketti offers you to go for treks and camping in near hills and fulfill your wish to stay under the open sky with numerous stars. However, do not forget your woolen and warm clothes.
We went on foot to the nearby water streams and spent quality time with ourselves and nature which is like rare phenomena in the modern world. Don’t you want to come to this small paradise called Ketti?
I can be your guide, just come and get transported back in time.
- Nilabh Ranjan
- : I am not your typical travel blogger. My idea and experiment with travel are all about finding real me in this world, helping the local community and caring about nature. I have a 9-5 desk job on weekdays to pay the bills and on the weekend I try every means to get out of the city's municipal limit to take the fresh air, try the new local food and fly my drone in the open air.
- : https://www.travelescape.in
- : https://www.facebook.com/travelescape.in
- : https://twitter.com/travelescape_in
- : https://www.instagram.com/travelescapetribe/
- : We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us and this is what it drives us at Travelescape- a community of local writers and travelers. You will get authentic human-written stories, experiences, and guides. Come & explore India with us in a better and more real way.
- : adult_(19_and_over_as_of_31st_december_2019)
- : This is the first time this story has been published.