Organizing a trip is a challenging process. To see and do everything you want in a birding tour while in Costa Rica requires not only careful planning but a lot of local knowledge. With your input and our experience, Wildbird Tours will develop your personal, ideal itinerary for a birdwatching and nature trip. Many companies in Costa Rica offer programs or fixed packages for you to book. We don’t think this is the best approach.
The pledge of Wildbird Tours to you is to provide all our help in giving important information about itineraries, transportation, fees, quality guides, and in-country support during your tour. Our expert advice costs no more and could mean the difference between a poor experience and a fantastic “experience of a lifetime.”
Please contact us now to get started right away and tell us about the experience you are interested in for your trip to Costa Rica. We will email you a tentative itinerary for your consideration. We will try our best to respond to your inquiry within a few days.
We take our time to make a trip with you together and really fulfill your expectations about a birding trip in Costa Rica. First of all, we will inform you about the characteristics of the places that we could include in your trip, considering the intensity of birding you want to experience, the number of days here, the kind of birds and other animals you want to find, and your budget.
We personalize every trip, and we try to get to know you. We are a person to person operation that has your satisfaction as our main commitment.
We share a passion; we don’t want to let you leave without getting the best of Costa Rica and its birds!!
Top Five Birds
- Resplendent Quetzal
- Scarlet Macaw
- Keel-billed Tucan
- King Vulture
- Fiery- throated Hummingbird
At Terra Incognita we support tours that do good in the world. They must help to conserve the environment, support local people, and educate their guests. Here’s what Alfredo Scott from Alfredo Scott said to us…
What conservation activities do you support through the tour, and your wider operations?
We involve local guides and operators, use only environment friendly lodges, repect birds in mating or nesting season. We have two priorities: tourism has to provide an economical benefit to local people in a long term (sustainability), and tourism has to enjoy the natural resources (birding, photography, natural hikes, etc) with the minimum impact to the environment.
1. In Costa Rica, the Bureau of Tourism of Costa Rica – ICT has an important progam called CST or Certificate for Tourism Sustainability . This program designed to categorize and differentiate tourism businesses according to the degree to which their operation approaches a sustainability model, in terms of management of natural, cultural and social resources. We work with lodges that are part of that program. We try also to work with local guides, artesans, and local companies that offer boat trips, cultural tours or traditional food. Our goal is to give the chance to the local communities to have access to the economical benefit of tourism with education and improving the quality of their lives.
2. We are very careful about the way the tours we operate interact with flora and fauna. Feeders, flashes and playback can affect the birds and other wildlife in many ways. Our guides have the responsability of telling the visitors about the activities that have the less impact on the environment and animals as well.
How does the tour support local people?
We hire local guides all the time, also we encourage our clients to purchase local products like handcrafts and food.
What type of environmental education activities do you incorporate into your tour?
We hire environmentalists and naturalists to give lectures to our clients.
We were able to visit a working cattle ranch – Solimar – in Costa Rica, which covered a huge area. The birdlife we encountered there was amazing. Managed wetlands with a large number of cattle living in harmony with nature. The sheer numbers and diversity of birds we saw there was breath-taking. I remember describing the scene of approximately 1000 Cattle Egrets taking off from beside the track as being ‘like a blizzard’.
Alfredo Scott and Wildbird Tours are only a small company but from the onset were very accommodating to our requirements. We organised everything via email and nothing was too much trouble. We had a bespoke itinerary built around our specific requirements for bird photography and to see a diverse number of species in a cost-effective way. This gave us a very good insight into Costa Rica and a glimpse of Panama. We enjoyed Costa Rica so much that we quickly arranged a second trip.
Alfredo arranged great accommodation, together with all our transport, including airport pick up and internal flights. We stayed at local eco lodges close to where we were going to be birdwatching, with new species to see at each site. All of the eco lodges we visited were of a very high standard, in some amazing locations. They were all comfortable and clean, with excellent food and knowledgeable and helpful staff. We were able to experience the rainforest during the day and night. I think every member of our group would return there time and time again.
Alfredo demonstrated an expert, in-depth knowledge of birds and other wildlife, and stayed with us throughout the whole trip. We have already recommended Alfredo and Wildbird Tours to some of our friends, who have subsequently visited to experience the sights, sounds and colours of Costa Rica. Steve Keightley, July 2018.
• Experience of the tour = 5/5
• Tour’s contribution to conservation = 5/5
• Tour’s contribution to local communities = 5/5
• Education provided by the tour = 5/5
Tour Operator | Wildbird Tours
Contact Name | Alfredo Scott
Contact Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Website | http://watchingbirdscostarica.com/
Tour Info | http://watchingbirdscostarica.com/package/spice-mix-12-nights/